GOAL: Growing Opportunities in America for Latinos is a program sponsored by the Indiana Dept. of Workforce Development.
For plant managers and HR directors seeking to evaluate and improve the skills of Limited English Proficient Latino Indiana residents.
Benefits for the Employer:
- Skilled workforce, decreasing recruitment and training costs
- Workers that understand the fundamentals of manufacturing safety, processes, production, quality and equipment maintenance
- Confidence in their workforce because they will be equipped to adapt to changes in technology, processes and organizational structure
- Evidence to the employer that the employee or prospective employee is willing to learn, work and meet standards
- Documented skills with the only national recognized certification for production workers
- Strengthening prospects for pay increases, new opportunities in advancement, increase in employability
- Being portable and useful in all manufacturing sectors
WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP NOMINATIONS
Nominations Now Being Accepted for 2017 Women in Leadership Recognition
Each year, the Chamber hosts a luncheon to celebrate outstanding women in leadership in Bartholomew County. We are pleased to present this popular program again on May 19, 2017. Each year, we seek:
- A Leader in a Business with over 500 employees
- A Leader in a Business with 500 or fewer employees
- A Leader in the Non Profit, Government, or Education field
Please take a moment to nominate a woman who exhibits excellent leadership. The women we select will:
- Be collaborative
- Act with integrity
- Show a committment to excellence
- Be innovative and/or entrepreneurial
- Be Involved in the community
Please take a moment to nominate someone today.