Local train traffic will continue to increase in our city, often resulting in travel delays and increased noise. City leaders are taking action to minimize the negative effects of increased railroad traffic. Learn the facts about the expansion and identify how you can prepare for the future. Here’s a sneak preview…
Consultants estimated the following impacts to take effect by 2018:
- Train traffic will increase from an average of 8 trains per day to 22 trains per day
- Train length will increase
- Car weight will increase by 23,000 pounds
- Trains will feature double stacked cars
- Train speeds will increase
HUBZone is a United States Small Business Administration (SBA) program for small companies that operate and employ people in Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZones).
The HUBZone is a special designation for “Historically Underutilized Business Zones.” Large companies who do business with the US government and US Government agencies have targets for suppliers that are certified as HubZone businesses – just as they have targets for minority- and women-owned businesses. The State Street area has had this designation for 18 years.
Not sure if you are in the HUBZone? Want to find out what this means for your business? Join us on Friday, May 12th, where the Chamber of Commerce, Small Business Administration (SBA), SCORE, Indiana Small Business Development Center (ISBDC) and Cummins Purchasing Department will share with you what a HubZone designation is, and what this could mean for your business!
Women in Leadership Lunch: 2017
Join us as we honor these four inspiring women:
- Jean Donica, Co-owner and Broker, Re/Max Real Estate Professionals
- Julie Quesenbery, School Resource Officer, Columbus Police Department
- Jennifer Rumsey, Vice President and Chief Technical Officer, Cummins Inc.
- Lisa Shafran, President, Turning Point Domestic Violence Services
Each of these women model a commitment to quality, integrity, collaboration and innovation in their work and in their community service. Linda DeClue, former Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation’s assistant superintendent for human resources, will serve as the honorary chair.
MAY 19, 2017 - 11:30 am - 1:00 pm at The Commons
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TODAY!
Sponsored by Franciscan Physician Network